For more than two decades, University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) has been the multi-specialty group practice for the University of Minnesota Medical School faculty. We serve the land grant mission of the University by providing high quality, innovative and leading-edge care to patients across the state of Minnesota and beyond.
We have world-leading experts in a broad range of specialties and primary care, are committed to the discovery of cures and treatments and provide patients access to the latest evidence-based care. University of Minnesota Physicians owns and operates specialty and family medicine clinics, employs more than 1,200 physicians and 2,400 providers and staff, and contributes a significant portion of operating revenue to support the University of Minnesota Medical School’s research and education priorities.
As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
The Corporate Communications Specialist will be responsible for promoting and improving the quality of the organization’s corporate communication. They will work hand in hand with the Marketing and Communication team for the Medical School, M Physicians and M Health Fairview business partners to develop and implement internal and externalcommunications strategies to engage audiences including leaders, physicians, providers, staff, patients and the community. This person will also be responsible for writing, editing and distributing communications in various venues including email, intranet, print materials and presentation.
Other job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write, edit and publish website blogs/new stories.
- Contribute and research editorial ideas.
- Interview experts and patients.
- Develop content for various venues—presentations, talking points, videos, podcasts.
- Coordinate photo and video shoots and audio recordings to support content creation.
- Publish communications to the intranet and website.
- Monitor corporate communication email boxes and manage responses to requests and questions.
- Manage meetings and events as needed.
- Measure and track results.