The decision to become an organ and tissue donor offers a precious gift to others: hope for a new life!
At Gift of Hope, we coordinate the organ and tissue donation process and provide education about the importance of organ and tissue donation to the public and healthcare professionals in Illinois and northwest Indiana.
As one of 58 organ procurement organizations (OPOs) that make up the nation’s donation system, we work with 180 hospitals and serve more than 12 million people in our donation service area.
Since 1986, our efforts have saved the lives of more than 23,000 organ transplant recipients and improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of tissue transplant recipients. We are responsible for:
- Evaluating potential donors for medical suitability
- Discussing donation with family members of potential donors
- Coordinating the organ and tissue donation process
- Providing support and follow-up information to families of organ & tissue donors
- Educating the 12 million residents in our service area about donation and how to register as donors
- Educating healthcare professionals about their roles in donation
- Assisting hospitals with the development of policies and procedures that facilitate the donation process for staff and families.
Education and Training Required:
The following identifies the minimum education and training required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, communications, or a related field or equivalent work experience
Experience and Skills Required:
The following indicates the minimum skills and experience required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in professional branding, creative design management, web/user interface (UI) design, digital/print design, email marketing, art and photography direction, and project management
- Strong design/creative portfolio, demonstrating expert design across a wide range of digital and print mediums in a business marketing and communications environment
- Demonstrated ability to independently and efficiently conceptualize and produce high-impact creative for branded marketing and communications
- Strong experience and applied knowledge of brand identity and principles
- Adept with multiple marketing, communications, and digital software, platforms and analytics; asset and content management: Wordpress or other content management systems (CMS); and application of brand and user experience/user interface (UI/UX) principles
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative suite
- Strong skills in managing projects, budgets and vendor relationships
- Strong critical thinking and ability to analyze, resolve problems and develop solutions
- Ability to think strategically in program planning and development
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships and work effectively with peers, teams, other departments, leadership and external partners to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to communicate succinctly and persuasively in oral and written communications
- Ability to represent Gift of Hope in a professional manner
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to function in a normal office environment
- Ability to work outside of business hours, as needed
- Ability to drive personal car to offsite locations