The Creative Services department at Argonne National Laboratory is seeking a Creative Designer to join their team of experienced professionals providing full-service design, photography, video and print services. This role will conceptualize designs and facilitate the creation of integrated design solutions that effectively communicate scientific, engineering, business, and facilities information to audiences ranging from the general public to subject matter experts. Typical works include print collateral, websites, digital communications and assets, digital presentations, and environmental graphics.
- Knowledge of current trends, principles of, and professional standards for branding, layout, typography, color usage, photography / illustration usage, and creative graphic design to support business, scientific, and organizational goals.
- Knowledge of capabilities of state-of-the art graphic design software applicable to print, web/digital assets, digital presentations, and environmental works.
- Knowledge of in-house and commercial manufacturing capabilities for final production output of print, web/digital assets, digital presentations, and environmental works.
- Ability to create integrated graphic design solutions that effectively communicate with intended audiences and support the Laboratory’s brand / sponsors’ brands.
- Ability to take in and clarify objectives and goals of clients, having a client-service mindset.
- Ability to translate scientific and technical content for both basic and sophisticated audiences, focusing on the impact of the work in real world terms.