Why Work at Banner?
For over 50 years, Banner Engineering has been at the forefront of some of the biggest industry trends, such as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), and our photoelectric, ultrasonic, and vision sensors, LED lights and indicators, monitoring solutions, and other safety products are used by Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders worldwide.
Recognized for two years as Star Tribune’s Top Workplace, Banner is a rapidly growing company that offers many personal development opportunities, an excellent benefits package, and a collaborative team of employees who are passionate about what they do.
As a Creative Designer with an emphasis on layout, you will work to visually communicate complex engineering products to internal and external consumers and create consistent layouts or assets with a focus on electronic communication. You will create visual concepts to communicate with internal and external consumers. They assist with the overall layout concept or follow existing templates with a focus on printed literature. There is a large variety of projects they will be involved with from advertisements, brochures, catalogs, tradeshow support, and corporate communications. A creative designer is expected to manage many tasks and make adjustments on the fly to meet shifting deadlines.
This position reports to Marketing Operations Manager.
What You Bring to the Table:
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and regular attendance is required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to support individuals with disabilities.
- Associate’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or related field plus 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or related field plus 2+ years of relevant experience
- In depth experience using Adobe Creative Suite to execute and produce visual deliverables
- Ability to be flexible and meet shifting deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects with limited direction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Must have a thirst to learn and understand information relating to our products
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- 3+ years of experience using InDesign and InCopy
- Experience using Cinema 4D, KeyShot, Adobe Creative Suite Illustrator and Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite (specifically PowerPoint and Excel)