About the U of M:
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC) The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
About the Department:
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering in the University of Minnesota College of Science and Engineering has been on the cutting-edge of computer science education, research, and outreach for decades. The legacy continues as the department continues to rapidly grow and expand its curriculum, research and outreach. You are invited to join our team as the CS&E Communications Coordinator.
Strategic Communications Planning (50%)
- Develop a strategic public relations and communications plan to promote department programs and initiatives to both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the College of Science and Engineering and University of Minnesota Foundation to ensure that the strategies of Computer Science & Engineering align with other University marketing and brand strategies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coach faculty and staff in effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate emerging opportunities for communicating department activities and achievements
- Provide marketing consultation to master’s programs within the department
Communication Materials Development (40%)
- Execute the strategic plan by providing planning, development and production coordination, as well as hands-on research, writing, and editing, for various print and multimedia projects
- Write content and tell compelling stories that show impact; use these stories in various print materials, website, and social media
- Develop multimedia materials (images and videos) for website and social media
- Initiate and develop marketing and promotional materials, including newsletters, brochures, biennial department reports, digital signage, website, social media, and promotional items
- Update and maintain the department website
University-Wide, Collegiate & Department Citizenship (5%)
- Serve on committees as needed for the University, College and Department
Other Duties as Assigned (5%)