Outreach and Communications (40%)
- Email Marketing: Create, manage, and optimize email communications to supporters, partners, and prospects using MailChimp.
- External Communications: Collectively work with other staff members to gather and develop informative and entertaining content for CLCF’s biannual Newsletter, write press releases, and create editorial content for advertorial and partner communications.
- Social Media: Work with other staff to create content for social media and regularly post to Facebook and Instagram. Monitor and record impressions and interactions with followers.
- Website Management: Regularly add new content to website, including news items, job postings, events, etc.
- Outdoor Media: Work with staff to update or create signage for CLCF’s preserves and protected lands.
Event Development and Management (40%)
- Environmental Education: With staff, plan and implement 6-8 Walk & Talks annually.
- Fundraising Events & Community Outreach: Plan and implement with staff and volunteers other CLCF special events such as CLCF’s Snowshoe Shuffle, Kayak Tour, History Talk, Race for Open Space Trail Run, biennial Somewhere in Time Gala, biennial Thank You Event, Cocktails and Conservation Gatherings, and Munch & Learn Talks (among others).
- Develop and manage event budgets, including soliciting financial sponsors for events.
- Build relationships with partner organizations to create fun, engaging events that appeal to diverse community members.
- Engage and coordinate volunteers, staff, and Board to help with logistics at events and field trips.
- Build upon and create new relationships with grant funders through correspondence, calls and meetings.
- Lead the tracking of grant application and reporting deadlines.
- Assist with grant writing.
The above lists are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person in this position. They are not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities and duties required of this person.