Duties include the following:
- Participate in the creation of a strategy to significantly increase contributed revenue from diverse sources — existing and new — and implement the strategy.
- Work in collaboration with marketing staff to manage the development presence on the website, communications, social media, and marketing, ensuring supporters can clearly see the need and make donations.
- Keep apprised of the organization’s programs, goals, and financial needs.
- Manage the participation of staff, Board, and other personnel for special and regular fund development activities.
- Research and cultivate new partnerships with private, public and government funders.
- Steward all funding partners at all points of the fundraising process, in collaboration with the Operations Manager and Board of Directors.
- Write and assemble grant proposals and reports to foundation, government, and other grantmaking organizations, ensuring that proposals persuasively communicate the organization’s mission, programs, and needs.
- Manage the participation of the staff and Board of Directors in specific components of grant proposals and ensure that they are prepared in a timely manner for review and submission.
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with Grantmakers and program officers including attendance at virtual and in-person meetings as required.
- Acknowledge grants with timely acknowledgement letters and grant reports.
- Conduct prospect research on grant opportunities.
- Maintain a grants calendar and careful records to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports.
- Develop and administer needed program/organizational assessment to comply with grant applications and reporting structures.
Individual and Corporate Giving
- Maintain an accurate, complete, and secure database of individual and corporate donors and their donations as well as corporate matching programs.
- Provide support to the staff and Board of Directors to prepare interactions with donors, maximizing the value of current donors and recruiting new committed supporters.
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with individual donors. Seek and coordinate in-kind donations as necessary.
- Assist in planning and executing special and annual fundraising events and campaigns, ensuring an exceptional donor experience, with a focus on cultivation and stewardship.
- Work closely with Operations Manager on writing fundraising campaign letters.
- Attend and work at Present Music performances and fundraising events.
Gift Processing and Management
- Process and track all incoming donations with attention to detail and in a timely manner.
- Acknowledge all donations with a letter as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Develop and manage fulfilment of donor benefits.
- Report major gifts to Board, provide monthly giving updates at Board Meetings, and lead quarterly Fund Development Committee Meetings.
- Maintain clean databases to pull accurate funding reports as requested by Operations Manager and Board of Directors.
- Assist with light Operations work as needed.
- Check office mailbox regularly for donations
- Deposit checks in a timely manner.