OUR MISSION: MAKING STRUCTURAL STEEL THE MATERIAL OF CHOICE.
The American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), headquartered in Chicago, is a non-partisan, not-for-profit technical institute and trade association established in 1921 to serve the structural steel design community and construction industry in the United States. AISC’s mission is to make structural steel the material of choice by being the leader in structural-steel-related technical and market-building activities, including: specification and code development, research, education, technical assistance, quality certification, standardization, market development, and advocacy. AISC has a long tradition of service to the steel construction industry providing timely and reliable information.
As part of AISC's mission, we emphasize:
- Increasing the structural steel industry's share of the construction market
- Unifying the industry with a common purpose
- Increasing the structural steel industry’s share of the construction market
- Supporting and improving the ability of the structural steel industry to be both innovative and competitive in a worldwide construction market
Since its establishment, AISC has conducted its numerous activities with a scrupulous sense of public responsibility. For this reason, and because of the high caliber of its staff, the Institute enjoys a close working relationship with architects, engineers, code officials and educators who recognize its professional status in the fields of specification writing, structural research, design development and performance standards.
AISC represents the total experience, judgment and strength of the entire domestic industry of steel fabricators, distributors and producers. The scope and success of its activities could not be achieved by any one member of the industry. The nation shares the rewards of these activities – through better, safer and more economical buildings, bridges and other structures framed in structural steel.
Smarter. Stronger. Steel.
Job Title: Digital Communications Specialist
Reports to: Marketing Communications Strategist
The American Institute of Steel Construction is looking for a dynamic video and social engagement guru to join our communications team. This person will work collaboratively to create compelling content to strengthen AISC’s brand and establish AISC as the thought leader of structural steel design and construction.
Video editing and production experience required.
- Insatiable curiosity and a knack for learning technical concepts and software quickly
- Must enjoy working as part of a team
- Ability to take direction, manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and take initiative
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of social media strategy and implementation
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Ability to interact professionally with members, leadership, general public, and staff
Education and Experience:
- Video production and editing experience required
- Experience in all areas of email and social media planning, writing, scheduling, and analysis
- A background in marketing automation, content management systems, CMS/publishing tools, social image creation
- Demonstrated ability to write expressive and engaging content
- Experience with web content management and social media optimization (A/B testing, optimal post times, frequency, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, new media, or related field preferred
In addition to a compelling cover letter, applicants must submit a link to both:
- Your video portfolio, preferably in the form of a YouTube channel you have managed or to which you have contributed.
- Another curated social media presence
We would prefer that these social media examples demonstrate your work for a client but will also accept examples from your personal brand.