Madison College is excited to introduce a Digital Content Writer in our Marketing and Public Relations Department. We are seeking a candidate who is a strong internet writer, project management driven, and is able to understand website content development and SEO. If you are looking for a fulfilling career that can display all of these skills, apply now!
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: cover letter, resume and three web writing work samples that you have done. Failure to submit these documents by the first consideration date will result in the disqualification of your application. This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of September 28, 2021, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year position. Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., some flexibility required. Expectation is that this individual will be on campus two days a week, the remaining three days can be remote if preferred. This is a limited-term employment opportunity through June 30, 2023. Continuation of this position is dependent on funding.
Madison College offers a generous benefit program including health and dental benefits. This position does not offer a relocation package.
ORGANIZATIONAL FUNCTION AND RELATIONSHIPS:
The Digital Content Writer will work with the Web Content Specialist and Senior Digital Marketing Strategist to create compelling content that adds value to the college by actively engaging audiences and maintaining a cohesive and consistent brand voice on the web. This team member will play a critical role in improving the user experience as the website undergoes a full redesign.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and re-write current website content for readability, accessibility, and engagement. Adhere to web and search best practices, including Google’s complex and ever-changing guidelines, web standards and ranking factors, SEO, PPC, responsive design, A/B testing, content development, and accessibility standard.
- Develop interesting, original, and engaging content optimized for the web to guide prospective students from initial inquiry through application. Collaborates with marketing team to ensure appropriate alignment in web content to meet college's brand message target markets, awareness, and marketing needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of SEO practices.
- Knowledge and skill with EAT - expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness with the ability to create spot-on web content.
- Knowledge of ADA regulations.