Who We Are:
The mission of American Public Media Group (APMG) is to enrich the mind and nourish the spirit, thereby enhancing the lives and expanding the perspectives of our audiences and assisting them in strengthening their communities. We aspire to be the leaderin creating trusted and meaningful listening experiences with and for curious people, and we seek to create a diverse, inclusive culture focused on growth and outcomes to serve our audiences.
APMG's primary operating divisions Minnesota Public Radio, Southern California Public Radio and American Public Media offer multi-regional FM broadcast channels, website, mobile and social media channels, live events, national content creation and distribution. Together, these divisions operate 49public radio stations and 42 translators serving regional audiences in eight states from Minnesota, Michigan and the Upper Midwest to Idaho and California; distribute a portfolio of more than twenty national programs reaching nearly 20MM listeners weekly through 1,000 radio stations; serve rapidly growing audiences on digital, social and mobile platforms; and produce anincreasing and diverse array of podcasts featuring the best in food, culture, entertainment, mental health, water, early brain development, business and investigative journalism.
As the Digital Design & Marketing Coordinator, you are responsible for the implementation of on-demand, digital display, video and online streaming advertising campaigns, including but not limited to campaign implementation and reporting, inventory management, working with content producers and tech teams to determine ad break structure, placement and analysis of campaign results. The primary focus is on making sure all display, video, podcasting and streaming operations run smoothly in support of revenue goals. This position will work closely with the traffic/production teams to ensure the efficient operation of all digital ad serving platforms and implementation of ad campaigns.
Your role is also responsible for some design and production and/or troubleshooting of client display graphics (when necessary) as well as design and production assistance with sales and marketing materials. Design theory, brand adherence and attention to information hierarchy will all be essential to be successful in this role.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in digital traffic/order management from advertiser or publisher perspective
- Experience with one or more ad serving and order management systems
- Experience interacting directly with advertising clients and sales teams
- Solid understanding of digital campaign metrics
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Familiarity with online advertising principles, IAB standards, and ad serving technologies
- Understanding of digital programmatic advertising, including familiarity with DSPs and their restrictions, capabilities and limitations
- Solid understanding of design and how it affects user decision making
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be creative, digitally savvy, and passionate, as well as a problem-solver and team player
- Strong organizational skills
- Driven to stay current with changes in the on-demand audio and digital advertising industry
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to quickly learn and master new systems
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with digital audio, including podcasting and live streaming
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Experience with the following ad serving systems: AdsWizz, Google Ad Manager, etc.
- Experience working within a sales environment Familiarity with Salesforce
Reporting To This Position: