Gertens Family of Businesses is looking for a Digital Marketing and eCommerce Lead to drive our growth for our existing and yet-to-launch eCommerce brands. In this role you will work within our marketing team to lead the strategical and technical aspects of our eCommerce business as well as manage the digital marketing efforts for Gertens, including digital media planning, buying, and optimizing. You will be the liaison between multiple departments to ensure eCommerce business is thriving across both locally-focused and nationally-focused initiatives. You will be one of the main gatekeepers of our websites--proactively and responsively giving guidance and providing expertise with other colleagues to ensure website quality and consistency for Gertens-owned brands across the organization. You will be tasked with helping to launch and optimize multiple Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) eCommerce websites within your first year.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership over the performance of our online marketplaces with an enthusiasm for growing online brands. They will have past knowledge and experience in the digital world but also a willingness to learn as the marketplace evolves and Gertens takes advantage of new opportunities. This person will have an eye for detail to catch and correct errors and take pride in a polished finished product. This job will require excellent organizational skills and communication, cross-departmental collaboration, and external vendor management.
- Gain a deep understanding of our target audiences and work to ensure that our websites and product listings both attract their attention and encourages them to take action.
- Lead our efforts within planning, buying, and optimizing digital advertising for both our owned ecommerce websites and through online marketplaces such as Amazon.
- Create and maintain website and Amazon product listings using both internal and external resources.
- Optimize website and product detail pages including titles, bullets, descriptions, images, and rich (A+) content for higher conversions and better SEO.
- Work with internal teams to adjust inventory levels, shipping settings, and handling time based on product and production availability.
- Work in partnership with our eCommerce Customer Service Manager to ensure our customers become raving fans of our brands.
- Collaborate with lead developer and lead web designer on website launches, updates, and maintenance projects.
- Collaborate with the marketing team designers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for our digital customers.
- Respond to internal and external messages regarding issues with site usability and functionality.
- Identify product opportunities and markets for further business development.
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design with all changes being made to our family of websites.