Education and/or Experience:
- The candidate must hold a 4-year degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, or related field.
- 5-7 years of professional marketing and/or communications experience is required.
- The ideal candidate will have marketing and messaging experience with a brand/company, an advertising agency representing a brand/company, or experience in education or non-profit messaging marketing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for the education and development of confident and capable young women.
- A working understanding of the Catholic faith and willingness to quickly learn and understand the mission of both DSHA and the Salvatorian mission of Sisters of the Divine Savior as it relates to communicating the DSHA student experience.
- Excellent brand messaging, writing, editing, proofreading and visual skills to tell stories and shape messages in an innovating and engaging manner that will motivate prospective students and parents; donors and potential donor; and increase engagement with current audience.
- Must be open to coaching and feedback.
- Critical thinking and organizational skills are necessary.
- Must be able to learn new processes quickly.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently in a collaborative environment and be willing to adapt as needed.
- Must be self-motivated and committed to meeting or exceeding deadlines to execute a strategic marketing and development plan.
- Ability to work under tight and competing deadlines.
- Must be fluent in MS Office programs.
- Proficient in social media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube with a working knowledge of social media analytics tools.
- Experience working in web-based content management systems with a willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
- Working knowledge of SEO and how it affects website writing; Google Analytics and Tag Manager; and Facebook/Meta Analytics.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work takes place in primarily an office/school environment.