Position Title: Digital Marketing Director
Department: Marketing and Brand Strategy
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing and Brand Strategy
Position(s) Supervised: Digital Content Marketing Manager, Digital Channel Marketing Manager FLSA
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Digital Marketing Director will spend a majority of his/her time in these activities:
Devise digital marketing plans in order to drive desired results that support WEDC organizational and marketing objectives.
Drive successful execution of WEDC’s digital marketing activities including:
- Improve, manage and maintain WEDC websites. Oversee execution of WEDC’s online advertising campaigns, including search, programmatic, and retargeting.
- Drive social media engagement and content distribution plans aligned with WEDC marketing goals. Create, launch and optimize email marketing campaigns and marketing automation programs.
- Oversee creation and sharing of digital marketing assets for WEDC staff and partner use. Stay abreast of industry best practices and identify those that can enhance WEDC’s digital marketing programs.
- Establish quantified goals and measure and track the effectiveness of WEDC digital marketing efforts using existing tools, and identify, evaluate and recommend new tools and approaches for tracking and measuring the effectiveness of WEDC digital communications.
- Supervise two staff positions in achieving all digital marketing team goals, and ensure that staff members have the support, skills, development and direction to optimally perform assigned tasks.
- Collaborate with marketing agency partners to ensure close coordination of WEDC digital marketing programs and activities with agency-driven campaigns.
- Review and evaluate all technologies currently purchased or licensed by WEDC to operate its digital marketing program; recommend and negotiate changes as necessary.
- Serve a leader and advocate for the Marketing Division inside and outside of the WEDC organization. Contribute strategic insight and perspective to WEDC’s overall marketing planning and drive digital marketing innovation to enhance WEDC marketing goals.
- Serve as an advocate for creative excellence in all marketing activities. Other duties as assigned.