DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
By enabling Second Harvest Heartland to effectively promote its mission and fundraising activities through social media channels, the Social Media Specialist greatly contributes to the organization’s innovation, creativity and continuous improvement as a leader in the hunger-relief community. In performing assigned duties and responsibilities, the Digital Marketing Specialist – Social Media demonstrates the organization’s vision and values: we’re all in this together; we deliver; we innovate; we lead with our hearts; and we believe differences make us stronger.
Social Media (70%)
Content Strategy, Planning, and Publishing
- Collaborate with the Digital Communications & Marketing Manager to develop, refine and execute on social media strategy.
- Engage with leaders and teams across the organization to develop content and craft storytelling within strategy.
- Support our social media strategy and maintain editorial and advertising calendars across all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, and YouTube).
- Support our active online communities by creating and publishing compelling organic and paid content to engage our social audiences, using established brand personality and SEO best practices.
- Write, create graphics and video for social channels.
Community Building and Social as a Service Channel
- Managing and engaging all social communities including creating, socializing and overseeing customer service standards and procedures.
- Strategically build a community of social influencers who are active participants in our conversation.
- Mine social media conversations, engage in conversation on behalf of the brand and collaborate with internal teams to craft responses when appropriate.
- Provide monthly and quarterly analysis and reporting on our social media platforms to show progress and communicate insights.
Influencer and Thought Leadership
- Develop and execute on a cohesive influencer strategy that amplifies brand messages and storytelling.
- Establish and maintain relationships with influencers.
- Share best practices for social media engagement across the organization.
- Identify areas for staff engagement on our social media channels in line with thought leadership platforms and program communications plans.
- Work across the organization to support their social media objectives and lead workstreams as needed.
Website and Other Digital Campaigns (30%)
Help Manage or Lead Digital Projects
- Support paid social advertising campaigns to drive revenue and awareness.
- Assist in test performance of images, text and segmentation in social ads.
- Manage relationship and initiatives with Second Harvest Heartland Business Programs as assigned and ensure that digital initiatives are aligned with the business to enhance the digital experience and meet organization objectives.
- Assist and contribute to the development of an overall website content strategy that drives high engagement.
- Help coordinate and manage the website content publishing, email marketing and social posting schedule for the organization.
- Support the establishment of objectives, goals, and success metrics for campaigns, website content, new features, and the audience experience.
- Assist in managing digital projects and project timelines.
- Serve as a backup when needed.