Since 1976, Steve Sazama and his team have sought to provide "The Finest" in dining and service. This initial concept met with great success in the Saz's State House Restaurant, inspiring a following dedicated to Saz's BBQ and exemplary service.
Over time, and to meet its ever-increasing demand, Saz's has expanded both its physical presence and its service line. Over forty years later, Saz's Hospitality Group consists of; two catering facilities (Saz's Catering and Saz's Catering Lake Country), a gluten-free BBQ product line in addition to other area-favorite retail products, a solid festival presence at the Wisconsin State Fair and world-renowned Summerfest (among countless other festivals), Sazama's Fine Catering housed within the Marcus Performing Arts Center, and operations and venue management at South Second, Jan Serr Studio at UW-Milwaukee's Peck School of the Arts, and The George and Madcap Lounge at the National Block Building. Suffice to say, Saz's knows how to entertain. Whether our clients are planning a corporate event for 25 or dining for 25,000 fairgoers, Saz's helps to simplify entertaining while assuring the complete success of event and menu planning. While Saz's has been aptly awarded for its established roots in Milwaukee barbeque, catering menus spanning the spectrum from casual picnic to formal wedding fare are also on tap from Saz's Catering, Saz's Catering Lake Country, and Sazama's Fine Catering.
Whether our clients are working within established venue or corporate guidelines, or looking for a one-of-a-kind event, Saz's experienced staff will ensure success, uncompromising quality, and unfailing attention to every detail from conception through completion. After all, we're in the business of helping people have fun and create memories around food, and that's not a bad gig to have!
Saz's Hospitality Group has a one-of-a-kind role available to support and shape the brand of a Milwaukee institution and its nine unique segments.
This full-time role, offering a minimum of 30 hours of work each week, will operate out of our Walker's Point location and will have the freedom, upon hire, to establish a more flexible schedule during the business day.
To be successful in this position, you'll need to be a creative self-starter with loads of energy to throw behind collaborating to tell the Saz's story. This team member will be an integral part of the marketing team and will work to create materials such as internal, external, web, and social media content consistent with our culture and brand.
The list below, while not exhaustive, shares a picture of the tasks the Digital Marketing Specialist will regularly complete, with guidance and support from the Marketing Director.
- Use Google Analytics and other platforms to monitor and analyze web traffic, and identify opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Conduct keyword research to identify opportunities for organic brand reach and develop value-driven content
- Promote products and services through public relations initiatives, community outreach and engagement, and campaigns designed to provide sales team support
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive promotional material and digital asset inventory Manage restaurant loyalty program to identify opportunities for customer acquisition and to drive return visits through targeted loyalty campaigns and promotions
- Contribute ideas and strategies based on identified focus areas and business needs Participate in market research to generate fresh promotional ideas and creative advertising for target audiences unique to each of Saz’s divisions
- Create, maintain, and execute a social media content calendar (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.), reflective of our comprehensive social strategy, for all applicable divisions of Saz’s Hospitality Group
- Develop and execute targeted digital ads to maximize budget, increase visibility and brand awareness, drive conversions, and generate new business
- Develop and maintain web site content using WordPress and Squarespace, utilizing local SEO and content best practices
- Consistent maintenance and back up of files in an organized and timely manner
Every submission for consideration must include a cover letter or other expression of interest. Portfolios of work are welcome, and highly encouraged.