Strategy: Develop and manage multi-channel communications strategy that effectively describes and promotes the organization, its programs and impacts.
- Develop campaigns that consistently integrate and coordinate all elements of marketing and communications
- Integrate organizational strategic plan, theory of change, values, and strategies around diversity, equity, and inclusion into organizational communications.
- Manage the Chicago Scholar’s brand, including maintaining consistency in the use of logo, language, etc.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Identify opportunities for and build new stakeholder development projects that support Chicago Scholar’s goals, reach new stakeholders and build awareness of CS
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Development, develop and manage the budget for marketing and communications
Execution: Lead all public relations functions and oversee implementation of communications strategy on all channels including social media, web portals, web sites, printed materials for key stakeholders, including Scholars, Mentors, Volunteers, Parents, Employees, College Partners, Career Partners and Donors.
- Manage calendar of communications deliverables, including the execution of at least 2 Annual Appeals to all stakeholders
- Develop key messaging campaigns that increase awareness of the CS brand and mission
- Coordinate all public relations activities, including support of communications materials for events
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create written content for all key external documents and materials, including annual reports, website, one-pagers, brochures, etc.
- Create templates and branding guides to ensure consistency of communications materials across the organization
- Create content for press releases and keynote presentations
- Ensure quality control of organizational messaging and materials by creating standards and processes for review of materials shared externally
- Work in partnership with the data and evaluation team to ensure accurate promotion of program impacts
- Support proposal writing, as needed
Outcomes: Develop and compile performance measures to evaluate impact of communication program and tools.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Solicit input from internal/external consumers
- Create reporting tools, press packets for Executive Team and Board
- Other duties, as assigned
This role will occasionally work on nights and weekends for Scholar and development events and programming, and may have the opportunity to manage an intern. This role is also required to attend and support mandatory all staff events: the UnTied Gala, College Choice Celebration, New Student Orientation, All Scholar Retreat, First Look, the Onsite Admissions Forum, New Student Interview nights, and our Quarterly Staff Retreats.