At Awana, we believe true change happens in the communities when children and youth are transformed through Biblical discipleship and in the presence of a caring adult. We believe that kids can come to know, love and serve Jesus, following Him for a lifetime. This is why, for almost 70 years, Awana has been working with leaders in local churches in the US and around the world; providing solutions that equip these women and men to make disciples in children and youth.
Today, God is using Awana in currently reaching over 4 million kids in 122 countries around the world. With over 500,000 equipped leaders in 54,000 churches, Awana is able to play a vital role in global evangelism and discipleship of children and youth.
Reporting to the President/Chief Strategy Officer, the Director of Content is responsible for leading the strategy, execution, and distribution of high-quality child and youth discipleship-focused content for church leaders, children’s ministry leaders and pastors on behalf of Awana. This position will build a content team, advance strategy, and build a robust plan to equip, inspire, and delight ministry leaders and parents, all to further establish Awana as the global leader in child and youth discipleship.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) with a concentration in content, communications, marketing, ministry or similar from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 years related leadership experience in content, communications, and/or creative marketing preferred.
- Experience leading a high-performance team of content professionals.
- Demonstrated conceptual and campaign leadership experience.
- Familiarity with the U.S. Church landscape and/or global nonprofits preferred.
- Familiarity with Awana Clubs or local-church ministry experience, including demonstrated program/product familiarity, strongly preferred.
- Passion for the mission of Awana is essential.
- Desire and ability to embrace the cultural values of Awana: discipleship, excellence, team, community and growth; aspire to live them in the workplace.
- Passionate to see the church throughout the world thrive; belief that it is through the local church that sustainable change occurs in the lives of all people.
- Mission-minded and globally aware.
- Creative, resourceful problem solver.
- Willing to take risks and challenge the status quo to advance the mission.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people: internal teams, vendors, executive leadership team.
- Ability to provide clear 360° communication with strong skills in written and oral communication.
- Thrives in an environment of change.
- Sees and is motivated by “what could be” with a desire to go after it with others.
- Persuasive team leader.
Must be born-again child of God. Must have personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and live life in alignment with the Word of God as set forth in our Doctrinal Statement. Must be in fellowship with the body of Christ through a local church. Regularly engages in the Holy Bible as a guide and standard for living.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job included close vision.