Rooted in Glencoe for more than 100 years, FSG is a community asset with a unique understanding of the northern suburbs. Our clinicians serve individuals, families, couples, children and adolescents. Glencoe is a village of approximately 8,000 people located on the North Shore of Chicago and on the Metra train line. Our offices are near the train station in the center of the village. Our work environment is professional, dynamic, innovative and compassionate.
Position-specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the organization’s annual fundraising strategy.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation sponsors, and individual donors.
- Manage the annual giving program, including direct mail and personal solicitation of leadership level donors.
- Conduct prospect research and write responsive grant applications and proposals.
- Support the board planning and implementation of annual special events.
- Prepare a motivational case for support and write donor solicitation and acknowledgment letters.
- Maintain best practices for recording gifts, honoring donor intent, and managing donor relationships.
- Update and maintain the donor database, ensuring accuracy and integrity.
- Develop and implement an integrated communication strategy.
- Support the creation of marketing and promotional materials, including monthly and special edition electronic newsletters and social media.
The Director of Development and Communications must be able to interact in a supportive and professional manner with donors, board members, volunteers, clients, colleagues and community. The person in this position must work well in a small office team environment and be open to change as Family Service of Glencoe continues to grow.