Through this leadership hire, it is anticipated the WCO will reach new and aspiring levels of stewardship and philanthropic success organization-wide, engaging current stakeholders at the highest levels and attracting new donors, building a vibrant network of major gift donors. This will include developing strategies to further engage high-level constituents, including corporate partners, individual and institutional donors.
Working closely with the marketing and box office team in stewardship and engagement, the Director of Development will ensure that the team will maximize the lifetime value of all patrons, both earned and contributed revenues.
The Director of Development builds the orchestra’s capacity through oversight of all fundraising activities, including major gifts (Cornerstone Society), corporate sponsorships, campaigns, planned giving (Bravo League), membership program (Friends of the WCO), events, and grant writing. In this capacity, the Director of Development works closely with the CEO and the Board of Directors to determine goals and budgets for all fundraising activities. A strategic focus on engagement, solicitation, and stewardship of all new and existing donors is essential.
The Director of Development position requires deep knowledge and understanding of relationship building and interpersonal skills, up to date knowledge of fundraising best practices, sound data management experience, and exceptional time and project management skills to lead the orchestra’s fundraising goals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
The following are the primary/essential functions of the position, although are not all-inclusive:
- Create, implement, and manage all fundraising activities including major gifts, corporate sponsorships, campaigns, planned giving, membership program, events, and grant writing
- Manage all strategies and activities for donor relations including cultivation, solicitation, and retention to drive the growth in individual and corporate major gifts
- Maintain contact with and develops grant proposal for foundations and corporations
- Develop and oversees all campaigns, including year-end, summer, membership, and planned giving
- Collaborate with CEO and marketing department to coordinate all engagement activities with patrons and donors
- Provide regular reports to the Board of Directors using a detailed dashboard to show metrics
- Manage the Tessitura database and oversee all donor gift acknowledgements and record keeping
- Works closely with the marketing department on all public relations and WCO publications for proper donor acknowledgements
- Oversee end to end gift acknowledgement administration and accounting