- Bachelor's degree in user experience, media/web design, technical or visual communication, marketing or a related field required
- 5-7 years of experience using Web content management systems and user experience
- Strong understanding of Google analytics and other analytics tools to interpret, make recommendations and drive optimal site performance
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and analytics; ability and desire to stay current with the evolving trends of social media.
- Established project management experience and strong organizational and communications skills
- Basic HTML and/or CSS experience
- Applicable work experience in higher education
- Expertise with visual design techniques and Web usability principles
- Visual design skills blended with information architecture, accessibility, and interface design principles.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to monitor and manage workflows to meet deadlines.
- Confident communication, presentation, and listening skills.
- Great attention to detail, editing, and proofreading.
- Creative abilities in finding interesting and effective ways to present information and to generate new ideas.
- Proficient with standard graphic design tools including Photoshop.
- Knowledge and experience with search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM) techniques to improve Web site traffic.
- Ability to use Google Analytics to monitor and report on content performance.
- Basic experience with photography, video production, and nonlinear editing is a plus.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before others. Ability to effectively communicate in both written and oral form.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to use numbers to solve problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is largely sedentary, the ability to move is required. The employee is occasionally required to traverse within their work area as well as other areas on campus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment, including but not limited to computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.