MCPASD is a great place to work. We are looking for outstanding teachers, administrators and support staff who are committed to educational excellence and reflect the diversity of our students. Our faculty and staff are expert, culturally proficient, caring adults who are committed to their own ongoing growth and professional development. Join us!
Be a part of one of the most highly respected school districts in Wisconsin and the U.S.
- Access leading edge classroom technology with reliable tech support and professional development
- Be supported and appreciated by a highly involved parent community
- Engender respect from students because you are respectful of our students
- Be able to tailor learning experiences with differentiated curriculum and materials
- Have opportunities to collaborate with colleagues and learn from leaders in your field
- Find a culture of support and gratitude for a job well done
We know our people are our greatest asset, so we attract and retain employees who are among the best in their field. We are focused on world-class, child-centered excellence and student achievement is consistently among the top in the state and nation. We have high expectations for character, community, behavior, respect, responsibility, and service. Parent and community involvement in our schools is unmatched. We encourage you to join us!
By any measure of educational excellence, Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District excels. We are a community committed to families and children, one that values and supports education, and has a hometown community feel.
The Director of Information & Public Relations will lead and manage the development, coordination and implementation of communications and marketing for the Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District. This position will work closely with a wide variety of individuals and groups throughout the District and is intended to serve as the champion of our District vision, mission and values. The work of this position is intended to promote district, school, and student successes, build parent and community support, and strengthen public confidence in the district and its schools.
The duties and responsibilities described below are considered the essential functions of the position.
- Coordinate the development of an integrated marketing and communications plan for the district.
- Develop a consistent brand identity, along with standards, policies and resources (i.e. templates) to facilitate use throughout the District and at each of the schools.
- Provide quality control for messaging, communications and visuals by all District staff and serve as a key team member in coordinating high-profile District events and/or initiatives (i.e. graduation, conferences, referendum, etc.).
- Develop core messages to be communicated consistently, and identify and pursue opportunities to communicate these messages to key target audiences, especially our historically marginalized communities and families.
- Lead the design and development of key District communications (i.e. Strategic Plan, Annual Report, Annual Budget, etc.) and manage the graphic and print production for District publications.
- Manage and maintain the District website (www.mcpasd.k12.wi.us), develop, review and coordinate content for District and school e-newsletters and District social media accounts.
- Collaborate with the Technology department in the development and maintenance of communication systems and vehicles (i.e. District website, Campus Portal, social media accounts, e-newsletter systems, etc.).
- Serve as the contact for external inquiries and requests related to the District from media, law enforcement, and others, and informing the Superintendent and others as appropriate. Additionally, provide training, advice and support to administrators and staff to enhance community engagement opportunities and strengthen relationships with stakeholders.
- Ensure an efficient student registration process that supports a positive first and on-going family experience with the District.
- Understand and oversee the enrollment process as it relates to eligibility (residency, open enrollment, tuition waiver).
- Proactively develop materials, communications and practices that promote the District externally (i.e. prospective families, area businesses, prospective hires, etc.).
- Initiate communications and practices (internal and external) that actively and consistently publicize and recognize student, faculty and staffaccomplishments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities at the time of hire, or for the continuation of employment.
- Exceptional communication skills: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively,both verbally and in writing. Being bilingual is preferred.
- Branding and print production: Proven experience developing and managing a brand. Experience with management of graphic designers andprint/production processes.
- Multicultural competence: Awareness, knowledge and skills needed to workwith others who are different from self in meaningful, relevant and productiveways.
- Management skills: Exceptional organizational skills and leadership skills, along with the ability to lead coordination across department lines, develop and maintain a budget. Strong proven project management and budget management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Technical skills: Proficiency in Google documents, Microsoft Office, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and strong basic computer concepts. Proficiency in design software (i.e. Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign). Proficiency in web management software. Strong social media management skills.
Full Job Description is available by request.
This is a salaried position with competitive compensation based on applicant's experience. Moving expenses as well as a full benefits package will be offered, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, life insurance, pension, and more.