Essential Job Functions:
1. Marketing & Communications: Develop overall strategy and direction for coordinated multi-channel marketing and communications program including web, print and other digital communication technologies. Explore innovative and emerging tools and strategies and employ where appropriate. The marketing and communications strategy will substantially advance the organization's fundraising objectives. Set overarching policies and processes for the organization's marketing and communications messaging and content.
2. Reputation Building: Develop multi-faceted strategy to advance College Possible's reputation as an innovator and leader in the college access field, and establish the organization as an emerging leader in the college success space. Develop and expand the organization's national media contacts as well as identify and pursue national media opportunities. Set the strategic focus and direction for Communications team related to tools, templates and best practices for site-level media relations.
3. Communications Site Support: Work with the Vice President of Site Operations and site Executive Directors on developing annual marketing and communications plans based on each site's distinctive needs with the goal of increasing community awareness and donations. Oversee Communications team in the implementation of annual plans and work with Executive Directors on periodic adjustments, as needed, to site-specific plans, and to take advantage of unexpected opportunities that may arise. Provide ongoing assistance and support to sites on communications and media training.
4. Community Outreach: Identify strategic opportunities and supporting tactics for raising the organization's profile among target audiences. Provide tools and develop strategies to help sites build awareness of College Possible in the communities that we serve. Help to promote the appearance of key staff members at select regional and national conferences or other events. Serve as the organization's liaison to assigned national coalitions, as determined.
5. Internal Communications: Develop and manage processes to improve internal communication and information flow, including the crisis management plan. Monitor organizational mood and proactively suggest ways to ensure that employees and service corps members feel informed and engaged. Help develop messaging of significant internal announcements to ensure clarity and understanding.
6. Advance and Safeguard Organizational Brand: Grow and protect the College Possible brand identity, both internally and externally; manage brand standards across the organization and lead ongoing development. Work with Sr. Director of Strategic Growth and her growing team to integrate new line of college success work into overall brand strategy and communications.
7. Supervise, Train and Support Communications Staff: Duties include providing support, guidance and oversight to Communications staff to ensure excellent service to sites and other organizational stakeholders. Troubleshoot issues as they arise, evaluate performance, gather feedback, and ensure that the highest quality of service is provided to the organization.