Duties and Responsibilities:
Content Development, Design, and Production:
Plan, write, edit, and oversee (and participate in) design, production, and distribution of:
- Print materials (season booklet, event collateral, promotional pieces for the organization, etc.)
- Donor materials, in collaboration with the development directors
- Digital communications (newsletter, event emails, website, etc.)
- Social media content
- Editorial content
- Video, audio, and other multimedia content
Manage part-time communications coordinator/designer, as well as freelance designers, developers, photographers, and writers.
Oversee the design and continuous improvement of the Center’s website.
Branding, Messaging, Public Relations, Media Relations, and Advertising:
- Shape and drive the Center’s voice messaging, in collaboration with the senior leadership team.
- Manage and grow the Playwrights’ Center brand, increasing visibility and engagement locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate advertising and PR strategies for the Center.
- Write and distribute press releases, pitch stories to the media, maintain press kit, and track media relations efforts.
Promotion of Artistic Programs:
- Promote Playwrights’ Center Core Writers and fellows nationally and locally.
- Market fellowships to attract more applicants and more diverse applicants.
- Support director of membership programs and education coordinator in recruiting, retaining, and communicating with members.
- Attract audiences to the Center’s public events.
- Provide tools and templates to staff and board to help them tell the story of the Playwrights’ Center and remain in brand.
- Develop and manage the communications budget with support from the managing director.
- Manage and grow constituent lists (email subscribers, media contacts, etc.) in collaboration with other staff.
- Create and manage the annual communications plan and calendar.