The Director of Marketing and Communications reports to the Head of School and works in close collaboration with the Assistant Head of School to manage school-wide marketing initiatives and coordinates efforts to inform, promote, and communicate school messages and information to all internal and external audiences. The Director of Marketing and Communications works with a variety of constituencies to provide strategic marketing communications in support of Admissions, Advancement, and the school-wide community.
- Create and manage communications from the office of the Head of School as appropriate.
- Reinforce the USM brand both externally and internally and arrange for key messages to be integrated in school communications.
- Manage marketing and communications initiatives and ensure distribution is managed across appropriate communications channels including direct mail, print and radio advertising, social media, and websites.
- Lead public relations activities and efforts, including crisis communications.
- Develop a budget based on an annual evaluation of resource allocation to optimize today’s fast-changing methods of communication.
- Increase awareness of University School to the greater Milwaukee community by planning and implementing strategic marketing initiatives.
- Support the Advancement and Admissions Departments to promote programs, initiatives and communications to maximize philanthropy and involvement by all segments of the USM community.
- Works cross-departmentally to align activities and share best practices.
- Provide marketing communications support to promote various initiatives including advancement programs, school-wide functions and alumni events.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors and ensure work meets quality, brand, schedule and budgetary requirements.
- Develop, execute and manage programs and activities in support of key communications strategies and plans. This includes collateral and multimedia development, key message development, web and digital communications, e-mail campaigns, advertising, internal communications and leadership communications support.
- Lead team of marketing and communications personnel, providing coaching to enhance their performance and career development.