Since 2001, Kathy’s House has provided lodging and caring support to patients and their family members who need to travel to Milwaukee to access medical treatment. We believe in providing a healthy, secure and caring environment for our guests while fostering a work environment of trust, innovation and fun for our employees.
Kathy's House (KH) is a hospital guest house committed to providing affordable lodging and caring support in "a home away from home" environment for families who need to travel to Milwaukee area for medical care.
To become a replicable national model in the field of Hospital Guest Housing by developing a state-of-the-art facility and delivering guest services based on best practices to improve patient care and the healthcare delivery system.
Kathy’s House is a small, rapidly growing nonprofit agency, where all team members are expected to assist with other functions from time-to-time. The culture is team-oriented and everyone is expected to pitch in when necessary to make sure our guests’ needs, safety and health outcomes remain our top priority.
Title: Director of Marketing (.5 FTE)
Reports To: President & CEO
Oversees: Contracted marketing staff and interns
Job Status: Part-time exempt, 20 hours a week
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Marketing is a key leadership position, responsible for increasing awareness of Kathy’s House and building the brand. The priorities for this half-time position are to increase awareness of and appreciation for Kathy’s House as a valuable, unique asset to Wauwatosa, Milwaukee, Wisconsin and the state, by defining and promoting the Kathy’s House brand as a best-practice, unique national model of care for hospital guest houses. The work of Kathy’s House has been recognized locally and nationally and the organization has more than doubled in size over the past several years. With our new “Home for Healing” slated to open in summer of 2021, it is a particularly exciting time to join the Kathy’s House team.
Specific duties include planning, implementing and supervising all aspects of marketing, including social and traditional media activity, website, collateral and advertising. The director has direct supervisory responsibility for contracted marketing staff and interns, is a member of and supports the Board-appointed Marketing Committee and is a member of the Philanthropy Committee. This position collaborates with the Director of Philanthropy to support major fundraising events and has a key supporting role in driving the organization toward its vision of being a national model in hospital guest housing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and direct implementation of annual Kathy’s House marketing plan.
- Write and edit copy and news releases for collateral, website, traditional and social media.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with news media. Plan and implement media announcements and events.
- Oversee website design and content management.
- Manage video production for web, social media and special events.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Philanthropy to create marketing strategies, campaigns, and initiatives to promote Kathy’s House as a charity of choice.
- Develop and manage the design, production and distribution of direct mail campaigns, collaborating with the Director of Philanthropy to ensure strategic alignment.
- Coordinate collateral and print projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure processes are in place for proper documentation, filing and backup-up of files.
- Work with vendors as needed to manage and maintain digital marketing tools, including but not limited to: WordPress, MailChimp and GiveSmart.
Committed to the mission of Kathy’s House, the Director of Marketing has exceptional interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal) and organizational skills. The individual must possess a high level of creativity, initiative, organizational and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of marketing experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
Preferred qualifications include an understanding of health systems in Southeastern Wisconsin, and marketing experience at a growing non-profit with proven record of personal and team success, the Kathy’s House team and make a difference in the lives of families facing cancer and serious illness.