Lakeshore Technical College is an innovative provider of high quality technical education offering more than 70 degree programs, customized training for business and industry, continuing education for personal and professional enrichment, and basic skills education. We rely on our innovative approach to continuously improving technical education and delivering the skilled workforce employers need.
Our strategic plan is driven by what we call The Hope Movement. With goals focusing on becoming a college of first choice for graduating high school seniors, all programs and credentials adding value to students and employers, and empowering our entire team to be dealers in hope, we’re excited about the path we’re taking to accomplish our goals. As dealers in hope, we believe in putting our learners’ needs at the forefront of everything we do. That drives us to continuously identify areas of opportunity to improve value for all our stakeholders, and keep our learners ahead of the curve. By partnering with local business leaders, we fine-tune our curriculum to make sure LTC graduates enter the workforce ready to do their jobs. We bring in industry experts to help build our programs, and experienced professionals to teach in our state-of-the-art classrooms and labs.
Each year more than 10,000 people enroll in courses at LTC. They rely on LTC for job preparation, to earn a degree, change careers, learn as an apprentice, and to build on existing skills. They enroll because they know that LTC students find employment or career advancement when they graduate.
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Lakeshore Technical College is ideally positioned between two of Wisconsin’s largest lakefront communities—Manitowoc and Sheboygan – and just over an hour north of Milwaukee. Our scenic campus includes state-of-the-art facilities set among large open spaces. At LTC, we demonstrate a commitment to excellence through our focus on preparing the workforce, being responsive to community needs, and our philosophy of continuous improvement and innovation.
Lakeshore Technical College is committed to its legal, social, and economic responsibilities in the areas of equal opportunity, equal education, and affirmative action. We nurture a welcoming environment where all students are empowered to pursue their academic and professional goals. We operate holistically to provide proactive academic and cultural support to minority students, foster an appreciative awareness of diversity, and promote equity and inclusion in the LTC community.
- Full-time staff: 260
- Part-time staff: 156
- Adjunct faculty: 193
- Minority degree students: 16%
- Full-time degree students: 14%
- Part-time degree students: 86%
- Average degree student age: 25
- Total student enrollment: 10,550
- Annual graduates: 970
Job Title: Director of Marketing (Full-Time)
Salary Expectation: Management Exempt – Annual Salary $65,000 to $85,000 (Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Vice President of Outreach
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement, Monday through Friday. Flexible hours based upon needs of the college.
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing communication plans in alignment with the college’s strategic priorities.
- Effectively leverage digital and social media communication channels to support new student enrollment goals.
- Provide creative direction to consistently build the college brand and generate prospective student leads.
- Design and implement public relations and earned media strategies to garner positive publicity for the college.
- Lead, plan, and implement the college digital and social media marketing strategy.
- Manage the development and execution of a digital advertising plan.
- Analyze and evaluate social and digital analytics to ensure effectiveness in achieving organization strategic goals.
- Provide reports for leadership and other stakeholders to assess the performance of digital strategies & campaigns.
- Lead the on-going development of robust and highly-customized prospective student communications delivered through the college CRM in collaboration with the Director of Student Outreach.
- Manage the development and effectiveness of email marketing campaigns.
- Manage the user experience, design, content, and architecture of the college website.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an annual marketing communication plan.
- Manage marketing budget in alignment with college strategic & annual plans.
- Create comprehensive promotional plans to support college initiatives and priorities.
- Provide stewardship of the college brand.
- Manage the operational activities for the marketing function including the engagement of external vendors such as market research firms, media planners/buyers, video production firms, photographers, branded promotional items/clothing, and freelance designers/writers.
- Participate on the Wisconsin Technical College Marketing Consortium and provide input to the direction of statewide marketing initiatives.
- Provide strategic and creative direction for the in-house creative team in the development of communication materials including online/digital graphics & messaging, video, print, billboard, etc.
- Manage environmental branding initiatives.
- Ensure brand and voice consistency across communication channels.
- Develop media relations strategies to garner positive publicity for the college.
- Manage the development and submission of various award nominations.
- Provide communication support for executive-level communication and presentations.
- Develop and execute high-profile public events.
- Maintain the crisis communication plan and serve as a member on the college Incident Management Team.
- Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
Manager Essential Responsibilities:
Supervision is provided to the Marketing Department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Marketing activities. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Management System; reward and discipline employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws to include: develop plan(s) and budget for department; address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; and be active in the college by serving on committees.