Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra (WCO) seeks a full-time Director of Marketing to join our dynamic team to lead the orchestra in successfully executing a world-class marketing and brand strategy to promote our indoor and outdoor concert performances, focused in Dane County.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Marketing is responsible for planning, implementing, tracking, and evaluating strategies that bolster the WCO’s unique brand and build awareness and revenue. As the WCO and the orchestra field are moving toward creating a more equitable and inclusive environment for artists, patrons, and community, the Director of Marketing will build a strong diversity, equity, and inclusion framework to inform their work.
The position will lead a multi-channel marketing strategy to drive earned and contributed revenue growth, while building and managing the organization’s marketing budget and working closely with the Development team in stewardship and engagement.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Director of Marketing will ensure that the marketing and brand strategy align to help execute on organizational key strategies. The position supervises the Campaign Manager, Patron Services Coordinator, any seasonal interns the Director onboards, and various freelance and contracted designers, writers, and photographers.
- Execute campaign strategy for: brand development, advertising, Concerts on the Square (COS), Masterworks Series, Education, public relations, and event strategy to dramatically increase awareness, acquisition (ticket and/or membership), and revenue
- Lead growth and acquisition strategy impacting new audience, donor/sponsorship marketing
- Uphold and drive the brand image and brand strategy within the WCO
- Lead the development, strategy, and production of all collateral, ads, web content, social, earned media, etc.
- Creative direction, copywriting, pagination, print production management, hands-on development of emails, social media, press campaigns, collateral, season programs and subscription brochures, website maintenance via Craft CMS (an easy, intuitive content management system that powers wcoconcerts.org)
- Coordinate all design with outside freelancers and AOR partner, including project briefs, content curation, pagination, print production/vendor management
- Develop ticket/patron acquisition programs to drive sustainable growth in subscription and single ticket sales for the Masterworks Series and other ticketed events
- Lead COS marketing and event strategy
- Manage budget, marketing partners, production partners, media, PR strategy/partners, digital marketing strategy, content strategy across web, social, email
- Launch strategies and execution for new markets and/or new run-outs (additional performances), including educational programs
- Support the growth, stewardship, engagement, and retention of donors through the development of marketing tools such as multi-channel campaigns, printed and advertising assets, and sponsorship level programs