1. Develop long-range media strategy and vision, such that Taco John's can outperform competitors on sales growth and transaction growth performance. Media Strategy must contemplate Taco John's size and media budget to establish competitive advantage. Media strategy must lead transition form traditional to digital channels.
2. Supports and assures compliance with marketing provisions of the Franchise Agreement relative to advertising expenditures, and co-op participation.
3. Oversees the development of marketing, advertising and local store marketing plans available from third party vendors.
4. Play a critical role in understanding the changing media landscape and guiding internal and external partners on the best media strategies to achieve the company's goal
5. Author compelling presentations that bring the media plans to life
6. Responsible for Company Restaurants sales performance, driving advertising and local store marking programs.
7. Provides increased revenue to the Company through increased restaurant sales.
8. Key communications link to corporate office, co-ops and franchisees on long-term media strategy and annual media planning.
9. Consults with franchisees in the following areas:
Ensure implementation of national marketing calendar
- Promotion of current menu products
- Introduction of new menu products
Management of Financial Resources
- Annual sales forecasting as it relates to media expenditures for advertising co‑ops and local store entities.
- Analysis and interpretation of marketing plan results (sales, customer count, ticket average and profitability) as it relates to media strategy.
- Media buying consultation.
- Monitor and assist franchisees in inactive co-ops with the advertising expenditure requirements.
Management of External Media Agencies and Coordination of Annual CoOp Meetings
- Scheduling co‑op meetings.
- Personal attendance at co-op meetings (most virtual, occasionally in person).
Management of Administrative Responsibilities
- Ensure national media strategy is being implemented as designed at co-op level
- Grand opening plan review
Directly supervises the Field Marketing Representatives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, coaching and disciplining employees.
Corporate Interface Responsibilities:
Maintains communication with Marketing Department, national agency and FBCs with feedback from franchisees on all aspects of advertising/marketing/media programs. Facilitate lines of communication between corporate personnel, national agency, and franchisees.