Duties and Responsibilities:
The Donor Communications and Events Manager is responsible for working with the Center's diverse donor community and prospect pool. This position will focus on designing, planning, and implementing a comprehensive, strategic individual gifts program. The Donor Communications and Events Manager will implement initiatives designed to support the Urban Ecology Center through strategic events and an individual giving program.
The priority for this position is to grow support through annual appeals and fundraising events. Reporting to Director of Development and working as part of a fundraising team with the Executive Director, Director of Development, and Board Directors who collectively raise funds to support both operations and capital projects.
- Manage identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship to meet annual individual giving and event revenue goal for operations and special initiatives.
- In partnership with the Director of Development, devise a strategic fundraising plan including the creation of individualized donor plans for current donors and prospects, which will include personal visits, written communication, volunteer/board contacts, and event attendance.
- Create fundraising goals and develop metrics to measure success, in order to achieve annual revenue targets.
- Create and manage timelines to ensure strategic plans and critical processes are effectively carried out in a timely manner.
- Lead the planning and execution of the UEC’s fundraising events, which currently include one summer gala and one fall fundraising hike focused on peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Ensure accurate and timely tracking of donor records using Altru, a Blackbaud product. Utilize the database to maintain and disseminate needed information for relationship building, research, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Manage annual appeal campaigns including drafting print and online solicitations, segmenting donor lists, and coordinating mailings.
- Maintain ongoing communication with donors through the creation and implementation of a donor communications/reporting system that includes both impact/evaluation as well as financial reports.
- Design and implement donor recognition efforts.
- Support the Urban Ecology Center’s Board of Directors, as they carry out donor-related initiatives and fundraising efforts. Empower and guide Board directors in outreach, cultivation, and stewardship of existing donors, as well as growing the pipeline of new donors.
- Develop and coordinate donor benefit events with support from development staff that advance individual donor involvement, cultivation, and stewardship. Serve as a Development representative at Urban Ecology Center events and programs as needed.
- Assist with capital campaign efforts as required.
- Participate in various board and committee meetings as requested.
- Increase Urban Ecology Center's visibility in the community by attending community events. Additional duties may be assigned.