About Second Harvest
We believe that everyone in our community should have equal access to healthy, affordable, and culturally-significant food. Through our core services of food acquisition & storage, food distribution, and FoodShare Outreach we provide those facing hunger in our community access to enough nutritious food to thrive.
Since 1986 we have been supporting our neighbors struggling with food insecurity in southwestern Wisconsin. From adding new programs to new buildings and building expansions, our focus on helping people make ends meet and live healthier lives has never changed.
- Everyone in our Community has enough nutritious food to thrive.
- Second Harvest exists to end hunger in southwestern Wisconsin.
Fund & Food Drives and Third-Party Events
- Responsible for Fund & Food Drives (FFD).
- Ensure point of contact for businesses and organizations wanting to conduct FFDs and scheduling and coordinating barrel delivery with Operations Department, Volunteer Services, etc.
- Maintain accurate FFD Literature and instructions in print and on website.
- Serve as manager and coordinator of third-party events.
- Acts as knowledge and resource for virtual fund drives.
- Sets direction for gift acknowledgement and renewal process.
- Work with Donor Relations Support Specialist to process gifts and other reporting.
- Manage FFD assets (such as barrels, cash jars, etc.).
Signature Campaigns and Events
- Manage and promote annual signature campaigns, such as NBC15 Share Your Holidays (SYH),and Hunger Action Month.
- Lead the development team in securing sponsorships for Hunger Action Month, adopt a Dairy Cow, Produce Palooza and other campaigns and events as developed.
- Manage and secure sponsorships for NBC15 Share Your Holidays campaign including Kick-Off sponsor event, Food and Fund Drives, and Grand Finale, etc.
Cause Marketing Promotions
- Assist Communications Department with local and national Feeding America cause marketing opportunities.
Events Promotions, Communications and Strategy (featured events and signature SYH events)
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to update Events section of website (including featured and ongoing events as well as signature Share Your Holidays events) and coordinate promotion of events on third party websites for Share Your Holidays.
- Collaborate with Communications Department to design event graphics and collaterals as needed.
- Work with Communications Department to promote events through emails, social media, and SCOOP newsletter.
- Represent SHFB as spokesperson at events as needed.
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend new events and partnerships.
- Work as part of Development Team to expand opportunities with donors.
- Track barrel delivery and pickups in Raisers Edge.
- Track monthly income against monthly revenue goals, updating the tracking sheet regularly.
- Maintain accurate donor records in Raiser's Edge and ensure accurate tracking systems for all types of events.
- Serve as an active member of the Development Team, contributing to goal setting and the enhancement of processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with other SHFB departments for signature events, campaigns, and food fund drives.
- Report and analyze event results.