To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Non-Profit Management or related degree, along with a minimum of 2 years’ of related experience with prior events, fundraising/annual fund support, and/or gift solicitation experience is required. In lieu of degree, an equivalent combination of education and related experience will also be considered.
- A passion for human services is required.
- Demonstrated success in donation solicitation (cash, pledge and in-kind).
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT desired; Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills. Ability to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people, and build networks inside and outside of the organization.
- Willingness to take on new challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm, while also able to rebound quickly from setbacks and adversity.
- Able to persuade others and use compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.