Literacy Minnesota is seeking an individual for a full-time Foundation Relations and Communications Coordinator position. This benefits-eligible position is 40 hours/week or 1.0 FTE.
Literacy Minnesota is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving literacy throughout our state. Our team provides direct services and strengthens literacy programs in Minnesota and beyond by providing training, national service resources and technical assistance to other organizations.
Specific responsibilities of the Foundation Relations and Communications Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
Foundation Relations - 45%
- Investigate and identify prospective corporate and foundation funding sources.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to develop cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies and participate in the implementation of these strategies.
- Initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors.
- Maintain the grants calendar to ensure all deadlines are current and proposals and reports are submitted on time.
- Add and update pertinent funder information in Salesforce (Literacy Minnesota’s contact relationship management system).
- Draft compelling proposal narratives for general operating support and project-specific grants based on Literacy Minnesota priorities and needs of funders. Assist with sponsorship requests. Provide editing support on other proposals.
- Compile attachments and supplementary materials for proposals.
- Complete funder communications and attend funder meetings as needed.
Agency and Donor Communications - 45%
- Assist in the creation of materials such as newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, annual reports, promotional items, etc.
- Coordinate printing and mailing projects.
- Coordinate website content and relevant social media platforms.
- Assist in the development of a media relations plan. Manage media relationships and help craft press releases.
- Help coordinate print and electronic communications with donors.
- Coordinate email campaigns using MailChimp.
- Assist in the coordination of events and other donor cultivation and stewardship initiatives.
- Create promotional materials for development events.
Other Responsibilities - 10%
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support and provide back-up to team members as needed and applicable