The associate will gather and persuasively write stories that highlight how St. Marcus successfully meets its community’s needs, to share in print and online. In addition, the individual will work to expand St. Marcus’ foundation grants program. The associate will manage a portfolio of current grants and identify new foundation funding opportunities through research to grow the quantity and capacity of foundation donors. The associate will write clear, and accurate proposals in order to meet yearly fundraising goals and maintain timelines for annual reporting.
- Identify and write compelling stories to share in print, website, e-mails, and social media
- Interview staff, parents, scholars, volunteers, and donors for effective story sharing
- Manage grants process through all stages: research, deadline tracking, site visits, writing letters of inquiry and proposals, database entry, stewardship, reporting, and all other funding requirements
- Research and identify new foundation prospects, to increase revenues raised
- Cultivate relationships with foundation staff
- Follow up on grant proposals to ensure funding success
- Collaborate with the Mission Advancement team on projects and events, as necessary
- Participate in professional development and training sessions Perform other job-related duties as assigned
BONUS FUNCTION, but not required: Film and edit quality video content around campaigns/events.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.