- Minimum Associate Degree in Graphic Design or related field required.
- BA or BFA in communication design or related field, formal graphic design training including all aspects of graphic design (typography, two dimensional design, color theory, etc) preferred.
- 2 to 3 years work experience in design and graphic production techniques required.
- Computer training on the Macintosh operating system and its applications required.
- Previous experience working in graphic design preferred; print design experience and pre-press and print production experience to manage projects to completion preferred.
- Understanding of network operating system preferred.
Macintosh computer workstations, audio/visual presentation workstation, fileserver, scan station, networked printers, photocopier.
Requires sitting for extended hours in front of a computer display with mouse, which can result in eye/muscle strain and/or carpal tunnel syndrome.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Travel to press checks throughout the Chicagoland area is required, sometimes in early the morning or late evening.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.