AADE is an interdisciplinary professional membership organization dedicated to improving prediabetes, diabetes and cardiometabolic care through innovative education, management, and support. With more than 14,000 professional members including nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, exercise specialists, and others, AADE has a vast network of practitioners working with people who have, are affected by, or are at risk for diabetes.
Empower diabetes care and education specialists to expand the horizons of innovative education, management, and support.
Optimal health and quality of life for persons with, affected by, or at risk for diabetes and chronic conditions.
The in-house graphic designer for AADE combines creativity with mastery of technology to create graphics promoting the AADE mission, membership, brand, product lines and patient education materials. This role works to gain understanding of the Association to produce the most effective and persuasive work possible. The graphic designer will be directly involved in the creative design process for projects from start to finish, working with the rest of the marketing & communications team and others within the organization to plan, analyze and develop ideas and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in graphic design.
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating creative and high-quality design through a variety of projects (website or PDF).
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred.
- Illustration and animation skills a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print and the web.
- Understanding of design and production process from start to finish.
- Strong sense of aesthetic – an eye for color and detail, a sense of balance and proportion.
- Ability to translate complex health-related concepts into engaging visuals for both healthcare professionals and patient audiences, including the ability to develop infographics and data visualizations to support scientific publications.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and able to work to demanding deadlines.
- Excellent creative, interpersonal, team building and customer service skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism.
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Occasional day and overnight travel by air and/or automobile may be required.
Majority of work performed in a general office environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties.