Standard Job Responsibilities:
- Creates, designs, and produces artwork per project specifications through various mediums
- Analyzes and identifies cost effective options to meet project requirements
- Schedules logistics, secures resources, organizes, and monitors art production projects adhering to established timelines and expectations
- Answers questions and provides information and problem resolution options to clients and stakeholders
- Applies creative expertise within established brand and style guidelines
- Works collaboratively with other creative professionals, engages in and responds to creative feedback, manages project workflow and timing, maintains files, and follows established work unit processes
A. Design and prepare high-quality layouts and designs for a variety of media used to enhance the institution’s visual image.
- Function effectively as part of a team to design various materials for print/digital collateral, promotional items, tradeshow displays and more.
- Apply creative expertise within established UWO brand and style guidelines.
- Participate in client meetings and collaborate with project managers to achieve client goals.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Track and monitor status of assigned projects.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
- Answer questions and provide information and problem resolution options to project managers, clients and stakeholders.
- Coordinate printing of marketing materials with on-campus print shop and external print vendors.
B. Work collaboratively with the creative director and design team to ensure the delivery of high-quality marketing materials in a timely manner to campus clients.
- Offer constructive critiques of other designers’ work when called upon to help create an atmosphere of creative brainstorming.
- Execute changes on projects and review proofs as needed to keep production schedules on time.
C. Perform administrative functions to support graphic design work.
- Maintain project files and project tracking via project management software in an efficient and timely manner.
- Keep computer and other graphic equipment well maintained and running smoothly. (The graphic designer is primarily responsible for tech support of their own computer.)
- Assist in the maintenance of supplies inventory.
D. Other duties as assigned by the Creative Director.