Required education and experience:
- A minimum of an associate degree with focus on graphic design, or,
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties.
- Minimum three years of design and/or marketing experience.
- Must demonstrate previous marketing and design experience via portfolio.
- Prior experience in a marketing department or ad agency preferred.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of basic marketing principles.
- Understanding of developing creative strategy and design execution for different target audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to self-proof work.
- Demonstrated print and web design skills.
- Knowledge of design industry best practices and usage of brand identify.
- Portfolio that demonstrates proficiency inthe following:
- Color theory and color relationshipsAdherence to brand standardsProficiency in a variety of design styles and media
- Keen knowledge of paper, color process,and commercial print processing
- Knowledge of typography
- Perspective and space relationships
- Page composition and grid structures
- Proven photography experience and skills a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with internal and external clients.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet short term and long term deadlines.
- Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends as requested.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Apply including resume, cover letter, and portfolio at https://visitmilwaukee.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=79 by October 4, 2019. If you experience problems with the online application system, you may send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to contact all applicants. If you do not hear from us further, someone more qualified was contacted for the position.
VISIT Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer.