Our heritage began over a century ago in the small village of Montelepre, Italy, on the sunny Mediterranean island of Sicily. It was there our founder, Filippo Candela, was born, and it was there he learned the art of making fine Italian cheese. Filippo’s passion for excellence and innovation lives on through all Grande Associates to this day, and his never-ending pursuit of greatness and innovation are the foundation on which we function.
Grande's Mission Statement:
Grande’s mission is to build, through outstanding performance of value added strategies, a world-class dairy products trademark that generates the profits and capital necessary to reinvest in the future and the continuing process of fulfilling the commitments of our Culture.
Grande's Culture Statement:
Grande’s Culture is based on pride in professional excellence, respect for rights of Associates, a commitment to strengthen the financial security of all dedicated Associates and the fulfillment of a purpose greater than ourselves.
1. Provide Insight Based Selling Leadership for the Foodservice Business Unit
- Consult with internal clients to identify and document business objectives and research needs.
- Select and design appropriate research methodology and supporting techniques to meet the defined business objectives.
- Develop research project proposals (primary and secondary), guide alignment and approval process, and manage timeline throughout duration of project.
- Coordinate and supervise external research supplier activity to ensure projects address the business need in a quality manner and are completed on time and within budget.
- Mine and analyze internal data and integrate with external industry and market insights to address stated business issues in support of situation analysis development, strategic review process, and industry overviews.
- Serve as subject matter expert for Datassential tools (Menu Trends, Firefly, etc.) optimizing FSBU utilization of these tools
- Integrate syndicated industry information into Grande’s business analysis.
- Synthesize and communicate business implications and recommendations via written reports and presentations to the organization, including marketing team members, cross-functional teams, and an executive level audience.
- Identify and implement processes and tools to provide reliable, ongoing insight support for the business for the long-term.
- Identify, adopt, and drive market research best practices throughout the organization.
2. Translate Insights into Strategic and Executional Opportunities to Drive the Business
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the marketplace. Leverage industry sources and knowledge to identify patron, consumer, operator, distributor, and marketplace insights as a foundation for new product development, culinary approach and content, communications development, and general business growth opportunities.
- Provide thought leadership in translating market insights into customer-facing ways to support sales and marketing in growing the business and guiding the development of long-term business strategy for the Foodservice Business Unit.
- Provide reliable marketplace understanding that can inform and drive new product and new market development, including the identification of unmet needs in the marketplace.
- Provide ongoing competitive evaluation, business implications, and recommendations via synthesis of internal and external data and information.
3. Build Insight Development and Analysis into a Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- Develop business unit learning plan as part of annual planning process and manage learning plan budget throughout the year.
- Support Foodservice Business Unit in the development of insight-driven selling propositions (CEB Challenger messages).
- Institutionalize Insight Based Selling across the FSBU and continue to help in building capability of the team.
- Lead and coach Foodservice Marketing and Sales, Culinary, and cross-functional team members for success.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that maybe assigned.