TransUnion is a global information and insights company that makes trust possible between businesses and consumers, by ensuring that each consumer is reliably and safely represented in the marketplace.
We do this by having an accurate and comprehensive picture of each person.
This picture is grounded in our legacy as a credit reporting agency which enables us to tap into both credit and public record data; our data fusion methodology that helps us link, match and tap into the awesome combined power of that data; and our knowledgeable and passionate team, who stewards the information with expertise, and in accordance with local legislation around the world.
Because of our work, organizations can better understand consumers in order to make more informed decisions, and earn their trust through great, personalized experiences, and the proactive extension of the right opportunities, tools and offers. In turn, consumers can be confident that their data identities will result in the opportunities they deserve.
We make trust possible, so businesses and consumers can transact with confidence and achieve great things. We call this Information for Good®—it’s our purpose, and what drives us every day.
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for an Internal Communications Consultant to join our Global Communications team. This role will own the development and execution of long-term communication plans enabling TransUnion’s enterprise initiatives.
Impact You'll Make:
This role is all about the effective engagement of TransUnion executives and associates. You will work with cross-functional partners to build communications campaigns supporting key business priorities, develop communications materials (key messages/narratives, Q&A documents), and help shape engagement plans.
You’ll also partner with senior-level executives in the development of strategies, agendas, messaging and presentations that drive key meetings and events. Additionally, you’ll collaborate with our Meetings and Events colleagues in the execution of these important executive and associate engagement opportunities.
Specifically, you will:
- Own content development and deployment for our top 100 leaders around the world
- Develop and execute coordinated, global communications strategies for key enterprise priorities that span internal and external audiences
- Build narratives and key messages around key issues and announcements to help guide communications execution
- Collaborate with Global Communications sub-teams and subject matter specialists to find opportunities to proactively communicate on enterprise priorities
- Work with cross-functional partners to manage inbound requests
- Regularly set and deliver against metrics for communications plans to drive brand trust and confidence in TU’s business and leadership