1. Manage all aspects of news content on the college intranet. Design and communicate processes for story intake from employees around the college for intranet publishing.
2. Plan, edit and write content as well as design the layout for internal communication channels, including a staff intranet and email newsletter.
3. Proofread and edit content from others around the college, often with a rapid turnaround required.
4. Manage and interpret user trends of technology platforms to ensure the right implementation and strategy for organization’s culture. Initiate and test new technologies to enhance our communication culture.
5. Advise and create communication plans for variety of departments and initiatives throughout the college, including senior leadership.
6. Advise and coordinate with senior leaders on internal communication response to situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
7. Devise and implement internal communication activities to support and drive employee engagement and positive behaviors.
8. Monitor digital platforms and employee conversations in order to support the culture, engagement and connections of the workforce.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of modern internal communication principles.
2. Demonstrated ability to conduct focus groups or listening sessions.
3. Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Confidence to work with senior leaders and explain communication techniques to them.
4. Deep experience with technology, especially digital, video, and social means of communication, especially as they relate to internal communications.
5. Demonstrated ability to establish priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
6. Proven project management ability to take projects from conception to successful completion.