Education and Training Required:
The following identifies the minimum education and training required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent work experience
Experience and Skills Required:
The following indicates the minimum skills and experience required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 – 10 years’ related experience in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing, including experience in internal communications platforms, software and analytics; healthcare experience preferred
- Strong writing portfolio, including news and copywriting for multiple platforms and audiences, and demonstrated ability to efficiently create high-impact content
- Demonstrated ability to independently and efficiently conceptualize, plan and lead effective communications including visual and multimedia content with measurable impact and results
- Strong experience and applied knowledge of organizational voice and editorial style
Adept with multiple communications platforms, software and analytics, as well as asset and content management; familiar with Wordpress or other content management systems (CMS)
- Knowledge and experience working with webinar/video conferencing technology and platforms
- Ability to script, coach, film and edit video
- Basic design/layout and photo editing skills; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred
- Strong critical thinking and ability to analyze, resolve problems and develop solutions
- Ability to think strategically in program planning and development
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships and work effectively with peers, teams, other departments, leadership and external partners to achieve organizational goals
Ability to communicate succinctly and persuasively in oral and written communications
- Ability to represent Gift of Hope in a professional manner
- Ability to speak to motivate and inspire others
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to function in a normal office environment
- Ability to work outside of business hours, as needed