Are you looking to gain real world experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award-winning culture? Consider an internship and start building your career at Baird.
About our intern program:
Our competitive intern program offers interns exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Interns are treated as valuable team members while learning from experienced professionals in a collaborative, fun and dynamic environment. Baird's summer intern program activities include an Intern Welcome Event, professional development, networking with leaders and associates, and many other informal events. Our interns have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day, a paid day to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for scholarships. Our informal mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird and learn about all the areas of the firm.
Our Public Relations Team:
An effective media relations program is vital to Baird’s strong brand, serves to advance other firm priorities and plays a role in our commitment to being a great place to work and strong culture. This individual works directly with Baird’s Public Relations team and collaborates with others in the Marketing & Communications Department in planning, developing, and implementing programs and efforts to effectively communicate Baird’s brand and messages both internally and externally.
Internship Location, Availability, and Hours:
This position is based out of Baird’s downtown Milwaukee headquarters, but we are flexible on intern location and able to accommodate a virtual work arrangement. The intern must be able to work part-time during the school semesters, 15-20 hours per week, and full time during the summer, 37.5-40 hours per week. We are seeking a student who can start in May 2022.
As a Public Relations Intern, you will:
- Assist with Baird’s overall media relations efforts, helping create news releases and other media correspondence, developing media lists, tracking coverage, coordinating reprints
- Coordinate relevant news postings to Baird’s web sites and social media accounts
- Conduct research for media relations purposes
- Help prioritize media inquiries and fulfill reporter requests Help identify relevant and timely topics for pitching Baird spokespersons for print, digital and broadcast media opportunities
- As appropriate, help research, write, and implement internal news stories
- Assist with communications and media relations efforts for community involvement and sponsorship opportunities as appropriate (ex. Baird Gives Back Week)
- Help research and fulfill awards & recognitions opportunities
- Actively participate in and may present at monthly PR team and M&C department meetings; participates in internal client meetings as appropriate
- Assist with educating Baird associates on the role of public relations and how it can help achieve the firm’s goals
- Help ensure PR approach and messages are consistent with Baird’s practices, culture, and brand
- Perform other duties in support of team, department and firm projects and activities
What makes this opportunity great:
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to be flexible and highly adaptable
- Team of associates passionate about achieving strong results for clients and while also giving to the communities where we live and work
- Opportunity to grow and be your best at work, at home, and in the community