Quality Bicycle Products is in the business of bikes! From creating a portfolio of our own award-winning brands to distributing the top names and best products in the industry, we’re doing our part to further bike-kind. With distribution centers in Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Colorado, and Taiwan, QBP serves a network of more than 5,000 independent retailers and 450+ suppliers world-wide. We strive to be an extraordinary business to partner with and to work for and have made good on that goal for over 35 years. As a values-driven company, making the world a better place has always been at the heart of everything QBP does. We believe that our actions as individuals and as a company can make a difference, so we work every day to improve the sustainability and health of our industry and our communities.
We understand that it is our employees that make us successful, and we do our best to make QBP a fun and rewarding workplace. Our community is passionate about pushing creative boundaries, sparking innovation in the industry, living healthy lifestyles, and having fun. We have a welcoming environment that welcomes employees from all backgrounds and allows individuals to be themselves. QBP provides a lot of great perks for employees, including product discounts, commuting incentives, fitness and wellness programs, flexible schedules, weekly massages, and the ability to bring your dog to work.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
The Lead Web Developer serves as a primary technical resource, leading a small and focused team of front-end UI/UX developers.
This role will:
- Collaboratively architect, design, and code new websites for QBP's brands, while monitoring, enhancing, and maintaining the existing portfolio of sites
- Collaboratively select and set the standards for the technologies, libraries, and frameworks used
- Lead the team's agile development activities and advocate for best practices
- Collaborate with the E-commerce Software Architect, the Director of E-commerce Experience, marketing managers, and others in the E-commerce and Technology department as well as business users to achieve desired outcomes
- Collaborate with the E-commerce Development Manager and other team leads to get the right work done at the right time
- Contribute to the E-commerce and Technology leadership team
Key technologies used by this development team include React.JS, Vue.js, Craft CMS, Expression Engine, and PHP.
This is a development role, and the expected allocation of development to leadership responsibilities will be 50/50.
Key responsibilities include:
Web solution design, development, and collaboration
- Design, code, debug, unit test, document, and support applications (new and legacy)
- Collaborate on technical implementation, assist other developers and consultants in implementation and development
- Participate in frequent review of other developers’ technical work (peer code reviews)
- Participate in occasional after-hours and/or weekend support
Be the primary technical lead on web development projects for QBP consumer brands
- Collaborate with QBP Brand Marketing representatives
- Participate in change management activities
- Collaborate with external development resources
Lead the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) within your team
- Represent team as new work comes in
- Work with Business Analysts or Project Managers to ensure quality user stories are in tickets
- Lead work estimation activities
- Lead stand-ups and other scrum/sprint ceremonies
- Schedule and coordinate deployments
- Work with Application Manager(s) and other team leads to coordinate work
- Participate in E-commerce application leadership meetings
- Ensure requirements and deadlines are met
Oversight of Web Developer productivity, deliverables, and professional development
- Conduct regular one-on-ones
- Write and deliver mid-year and end-of-year performance evaluations
- Deliver and receive feedback professionally
- Identify opportunities to grow the individual and collective skills of the team, which may include mentoring activities for individual developers
Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned