- CRM, loyalty, direct and/or relationship marketing background
- Willing and motivated to learn new skills, tasks, and software systems to meet the changing demands of the movie exhibition industry
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization
- Ability to create new and innovative processes
- Talent for developing strong working relationships both inside and outside of the organization
- Ability and preference to undertake action-oriented and self-motivated projects
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, and draw valid conclusions
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Flexible work schedule that includes late evenings, weekends and holidays as dictated by business needs;
- Travel to theatre locations for loyalty program monitoring and manager meetings (5% travel)
- Five plus (5+) years loyalty program management experience
- Experience within the entertainment or movie industry
- Partner marketing or vendor management experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to stand, and/or walk occasionally. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office environment with occasional travel and theatre environment. The noise level is usually low to moderate with an occasional loud environment. Mask is required at all times except when working alone in an office. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential function.
Marcus Theatres is an equal opportunity employer.We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.We are committed to non-discrimination in our hiring and employment practices in accordance with all applicable laws.