Essential Functions/Principal Accountabilities of the Mac Support Specialist:
Day-to-day support for Mac computer troubleshooting:
- Imaging, deploying, upgrading Macs and iPhones.
- Assist users with Mac software, hardware and usability support problems
- Help users with application installation, updates, configuration, use and training
- Maintain conference room AV equipment
- Order computer and peripheral supplies as needed, proactive management of inventory to be sure supplies are kept in stock
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Keeping the IT Director informed of the status of any outstanding support issues
- Making sure there are clear communications/updates on any systems problems/concerns that develop while performing support and deployments
- Identifying patterns of problems that might lead to further investigation or troubleshooting
- Recommend processes and procedures to streamline systems management
- Special projects and research related to Macs, AV, internal and client requests
- Training staff on Macs, applications and agency workflow
Note: These are the major functions and accountabilities required of the position and are the predominant criteria by which performance will be assessed. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
Working Relationships, Autonomy, and Supervision:
The Mac Support Specialist/Network Administrator must interact regularly, and collaborate effectively with the all personnel of the Agency but specifically and regularly with the following teams: Broadcast Production, Print Production, Art Production, Creative, New Business, Human Resources, Office Services and Accounting. The role may participate in the resolution of external client or vendor issues as required.
Work direction is from: IT Director.