TreeHouse Foods is a private label food and beverage leader focused on customer brands and custom products. When customers partner with TreeHouse they can expect access to an industry-leading portfolio, strategic vision, on-trend innovation and insights, world-class supply chain, operational excellence and flexibility, collaborative approaches and dedicated customer service.
Our strategy is to be the leading supplier of private label food and beverage products by providing the best balance of quality and cost to our customers. We engage with retail grocery, food away from home and industrial and export customers, including most of the leading grocery retailers and foodservice operators in the United States and Canada.
Our portfolio includes a variety of shelf stable, refrigerated and snack products.
Customers can expect comprehensive flavor profiles including natural, organic and preservative-free ingredients in many categories and packaging formats. TreeHouse Foods is best known for food and beverages produced by our two largest businesses Bay Valley Foods, LLC (including E.D. Smith and Sturm Foods) and TreeHouse Private Brands. With more than 10,000 employees in over 35 plants across the United States, Canada and Italy, TreeHouse Foods is based in Oak Brook, Illinois.
The Manager – Communications and Engagement for TreeHouse Foods will leverage sound judgment, diverse communication tactics and a continuous improvement mindset to deliver high-quality work across multiple projects within stringent timelines. This individual will be curious, creative, organizationally savvy and versed in digital communication, working to develop and implement communication programs that drive awareness of and support for specific business needs. This position is a part of the Enterprise Communications and Engagement team at TreeHouse Foods and is based in Oak Brook, IL, reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, Culture and Engagement.
The primary purpose of this position is to create clear and compelling communications in multiple formats, for a range of audiences, aligned with company milestones and measurement plans. The Manager – Communications and Engagement supports valuable company initiatives, provides communications counsel to internal stakeholders, collaborates cross-functionally to surface and produce quality storytelling and is comfortable coordinating complex and sometimes confidential business information.
60% Enterprise – Create and implement enterprise-wide and audience-specific communications and provide ongoing, best-practice, day-to-day management of internal communications tools (e.g. intranet, digital signage, mail groups – which will include basic image and photo editing). Will coordinate research, copywriting and presentation development for a wide range of company topics, provide communications counsel to internal clients and measure the effectiveness of communications activities.
20% External – Proactively coordinate content strategy and content creation for employer brand / recruitment and related social media assets, including basic image and photo editing. Will actively manage and enhance audience engagement and build a following in line with metrics plans. Will also own project coordination/fact-finding/copy-editing for award opportunities (e.g. Best Places to Work) which strengthen recruitment marketing plans.
20% Interactivity/Engagement – Drive the continuous improvement of all internal and external digital and social media content, tools, engagement and metrics as well as actively contribute fresh, outside-in thinking to the ways we build awareness and understanding of company information, improve employee connectivity and strengthen TreeHouse Foods culture.
Specifications / Requirements for the Position:
Who you are:
- Natural storyteller – a curious observer who interprets, simplifies and writes about diverse subject matter for broad, cross-functional audiences (internal and external)
- Critical thinker – a proactive problem-solver who synthesizes and prioritizes activities across multiple concurrent projects and demonstrates solid time management skills
- Self-starter – a disciplined time-manager with bias for action and continuous improvement
- Outstanding influencer and collaborator – effectively interact with colleagues across functions and levels to deliver great results
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum three to five years of experience creating content in an agency or as part of a corporate communications / marketing team
- Experience writing clear, compelling copy in various styles/formats
- Experience editing and proofreading in various styles/formats with significant attention to detail
- Comfortable with basic image editing; video editing a bonus
- Comfortable developing presentations, with demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Adept at working in multiple digital and social media tools, including Microsoft SharePoint, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Familiar with social media metrics, engagement programs and guardrails
- General business and financial literacy, CPG familiarity a bonus
This is an individual contributor, full-time, exempt position with ~10% travel. The role will have a “hybrid worksite” that is partly remote and partly based at our headquarters in Oak Brook, IL.