1. Champion the communication efforts for SSM Health Dean Health Plan that promotes and protects the brand internally and in the marketplace that includes:
- Serving as a corporate representative/spokesperson for the media
- Leading the development of new and innovative communications strategies that positions SSM Health as the market leader and industry change agent.
- Leading the charge for planning, execution, tracking and reporting of an integrated communications strategy that delivers on the SSM Health corporate goals across internal communications, corporate relations, external media partnerships, public relations, and community needs.
- Collaborating with key stakeholder groups to develop, manage and execute annual internal and external communications plans, as well as monitoring and reporting the results as needed.
2. Manage the operations of the Communications team, which will include all human resources responsibilities, budget monitoring and tracking, scheduling time off, workflow, performance management and employee development.
3. Work with the digital services team to craft a network-wide e-communications strategy, drive implementation and tracking of communications on the corporate intranet, consolidating intranet functions for the region.
4. Cultivate new and maintain healthy relationships with current partners from various media disciplines (traditional-print/radio/TV, electronic-E-mail and social-blogs, and communities.).
5. Lead the crisis communication protocol for SSM Health that ensures all SSM Health leadership is well prepared for crisis situations and the brand is positioned favorably.
6. Lead efforts to raise awareness and perception of the senior leadership team locally, regionally and nationally by seeking public and media relations partnerships.
7. Provide consultation to executives, leaders, and regional communications staff with regards to internal communications, media relations and community relations.
8. Integrate the mission, values and vision of SSM Health into organizational messaging to ensure consistency.
9. Maintain integrity and consistency of the organizational brand standards and coordinates with Marketing staff to ensure proper alignment between marketing and communications strategies.
10. Manage the overall media and social media platform for the region, working with internal stakeholders to identify and pitch stories to the media.
11. Track communications trends, ensuring best practices are adopted and implemented when appropriate.
12. Collaborate closely with Dean Medical Group in pursuit of integrated healthcare communications.