WHO WE ARE:
We are the Metropolitan Council, the regional government for the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area. We plan 30 years ahead for the future of the metropolitan area and provide regional transportation, wastewater, and housing services. More information about us on our website.
We are committed to supporting a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
Communications provide writing, editing, graphic design, and video production services; facilitates relations with a wide range of news media; provides information content, design, and organizational framework for the Metropolitan Council’s public-facing website; and maintains an ongoing presence on social media.
How your work would contribute to our organization and the Twin Cities region:
The Digital Experience Manager is a member of the Met Council Communication’s leadership team, responsible for optimizing the organization’s website for traffic, usability, and customer experience.
This position is eligible for a hybrid telework arrangement. The candidate's telework location must be in Minnesota or Wisconsin.
What education and experience are required for this job (minimum qualifications):
Any of the following combinations of experience and completed education (degree field of study in communications, marketing, data analysis, customer service, digital marketing, website development, computer science, and information systems):
- High school diploma/GED with nine (9) years of experience.
- Experience must include at least two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Associate degree with seven (7) years of experience. Experience must include at least two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with at least five (5) years of experience. Experience must include at least two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working with diverse populations of internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with at least five (5) years of experience.
- Project management experience.
- Web development experience.
- CMS Vendor expertise.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of digital application and content management systems
- Knowledge of digital design technologies/tools including HTMSM CSS, etc.
- Knowledge of digital experience best practices and web integration applications
- Skilled in using Google Suite (including Gmail, drive, and Docs), CMS management experience, and web research required.
- Drupal experience preferred.
- Ability to adapt to and use changing technology.
- Skilled in search planning & implementation.
- Skilled in written and oral communications.
- Skilled in social media platforms.
- Skilled in Search Engine Optimization analysis.
- Skilled in digital analytics.
- Skilled in analytics and problem-solving.
- Ability to set priorities in a fast-paced setting and handle multi-tasking well.
- Ability to accept sensitive/confidential information/situations and to facilitate initial handling/processing in a timely manner.
- Able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to implement coding changes.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.