As a Manager, Public Relations & Social Media for John Deere in Moline, IL, you will enhance John Deere's image and help protect the company's reputation by leveraging traditional and new digital communication tools for external audiences. You will align the enterprise social media program with the company's global Strategic Public Relations activities and objectives while also preparing new content and tactics in specific situations in which such work is required. In addition, you will:
- Be required to maintain important relationships both inside and outside the company in the fields of social media, marketing communications, e-business, public relations, and others to ensure we are prepared to enhance the corporate reputation and brand image.
- Provide counsel for social media and public relations activities globally to regional, division and country-specific teams or individual to ensure consistency of approach, process, and messages.
- Serve in a spokesperson-like role in our social media activities to ensure consistency in our communication on social channels and to align with traditional public relations messaging.
- Edit, produce and distribute public relations products for use in social media and other channels across all divisions and regions.
- Develop and lead execution for various concepts to be used in social media with the intent to enhance corporate and division reputation.
- Lead efforts to build collaboration enterprise-wide with a network of more than 125 individuals within the company working in social media and marketing communication across all divisions and regions.
- Manage a strategy concerning paid promotion in social media to enhance the overall visibility of company messaging.
- Ensure alignment of the enterprise social media program and content with legal and regulatory concerns.
- Onboard and train social media and public relations professionals at Deere to help ensure consistency with overall program objectives.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.