To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in sales or a related field, preferably in education or a related industry
- Candidates with experience in higher education, sales, market development, healthcare credentialing, staffing, and/or human resources are strongly encouraged to apply.
- An individual should have knowledge of database and word processing software, social media, customer relations management (CRM) software, the Internet, and email.
- Experience with Sugar and/or Act-On CRM products and knowledge of advanced MS Excel functions are highly preferred.
Foreign Language Skills:
- No foreign language skills are required for this position, however familiarity with a foreign language and/or foreign culture preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to the Director of Market Development.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee may occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Travels to conference and client sites as needed.